Freedom

by - Friday, April 15, 2016

During my younger days, I am excited for the end of school year because its a sign that summer officially starts. We have different things to do in summer. We sometimes help in my Mama's business. We used to sell favorite afternoon snacks like "banana-cue", "turon", "hot cakes", "sago't gulaman", "fish ball", "kikiam" and "powdered shakes".

We also visit our favorite summer destination which is Nueva Ecija. We stay there for almost a month. We picked mangoes, climbed trees, play house with cousins, run around, build tree house (well... we tried but we were not able to finish it). I spent my happiest childhood days there.

We also attend vacation bible school and summer camps in our church. Our Youth Organization also organized outdoor activities at Rizal Park, PICC and La Mesa Eco Park. Well those are the days. So fun and free.

Now my summer days are mostly in the office. From Monday to Friday. I don't complain and I am thankful for having this wonderful job. I just miss the old days. So whenever I have the time I do my best to enjoy it to its fullest.

If you have that spare time. How do you enjoy it?

If you have a week...
     "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Proverbs 31:28-29
Spend it with your family. Go for a vacation. Go out-of-town or a week filled with bonding activities with your family. They say time is gold. Today our kids are babies, tomorrow they will be young men and women conquering the world. Cherish and give the best times to them and they will for sure treasure it throughout their lifetime.

If you have a weekend...
     "And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony." Colossians 3:14
Go out for a staycation in a hotel. Enjoy date-nights or cook your husband's favorite dish. Visit the places where you used to date. Have you heard of Friday Fday Challenge? I heard it first from itjudyslife vlog. According to their website, Strong, healthy, committed marriages strengthen families, neighborhoods, communities, cities, states, nations and cultures. Protect it by going on weekly dates with your spouse that end in bed. The challenge is for 52 weeks go on a single date. Ditch technology, kids and friends and have the quality time you both deserve. My husband and I are actually talking about it and we are planning to do it and commit to it.

If you have a day... You can either
     "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." Proverbs 17:17
Go out with your friends. Contact your besties and eat lunch at that new restaurant. You can also watch a movie or have a cup of coffee while laughing at jokes and listening to each others stories.
     "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. " Matthew 11:28
Or go for a me time. Visit your favorite salon or spa. Have a mani-pedi session or that whole body massage you are wishing. Grab that book you have put on hold to read for awhile and read it with your favorite drink. It is also healthy for you to take a break sometimes. Don't feel guilty because you deserve it.

If you have an hour...
     "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit." Psalm 51:10-12
Use this precious time to reflect and connect with God. I know some will say you only have an hour for God, what kind of person is that? Well let us not jump to conclusion. I do not mean one hour a week. I wish you can do this everyday. Open your bible. Do a daily devotion, pray. When we are in trouble or a quest to look for answers. We can find it in God's comfort and His word. I am not a hypocrite but in God we always find peace. Instead of finding solutions through different people, vices or things, why not spend an hour with God and seek guidance from him?

With Love,
Suzie

You May Also Like

0 Comments