Great Expectations

by - Monday, April 11, 2016

I can't remember how many times did I changed the format, looks and content of this blog. I've been experimenting for almost a year now and this time I hope this will be the last.


My journey as a young mother is now one year and 6 months old yet I am still learning and learning each day. I think most new moms are on my side with this. 

Part of my learning is also finding my niche in the blogging world. I am really interested in beauty and makeup but I guess we have a lot of sisters to cover it. I wanted to try travel but I am not the type who snap a lot of photos when on vacation. If I would do that well that would be just for myself as a memorabilia. I wanted to try food blogging. I always cook and I love browsing for new recipes every week. I also want to try fitness. I am always conscious when it comes to weight and body figure. I feel like if I don't get into my ideal weight I would look like a whale. Sorry for that metaphor. 

Now I have another area I haven't given so much chance and that is parenting. I believe that parenting starts from the day you found out that a new life is growing inside you. I am not an expert but if there are things I did right and wished I did right then its no shame to share it to others specially to the new moms.

As you move forward, great things for sure will come your way. You will have a lot of expectations like staying fit, no dark skin areas, no morning sickness, support from everyone, gender preference and as usual everyone wants to go for normal delivery.

But forget about that. Why bother for those things? It won't matter as long as the baby and you are healthy and safe. 

Let me give you some words of encouragement we moms need during and after pregnancy.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ." Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious, do not worry. When you enter this stage do not bother yourselves with things that really doesn't matter in that moment. Enjoy that time as it will not come back to you the same way. Surrender all your anxieties to God and let Him live in you. You will feel better and secure each day.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not in your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
First pregnancy should at least last 40 weeks then your due should be additional or minus two weeks from the estimated date. That for sure is a very long time and having a baby will demand a lot of effort and care from the beginning  until you give birth. With this never worry, trust God as He is the most powerful and greatest provider. 

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26
Pregnancy comes with a lot of surprises. One surprise I got is giving birth via Caesarean section delivery. Truly it is, you will never know your fate until the day come. Though your body and heart fail you to have a normal delivery don't feel sad and weak. Find your strength in Jesus and you will see the beauty of CS. Safety and assurance will be blessed upon you.

This new format of my blog will feature the journey and life of a mother like me. DISCLAIMER! Motherhood is a not easy. However it is nurturing and rewarding. Everyday will be an adventure. Just always focus your eyes on the prize and that is your child.

With Love,
Suzie

You May Also Like

0 Comments