Taking The Path Less Travelled

by - October 06, 2015

Have you ever found yourself caught in the middle? Not knowing what step to take next?



I was in that position this year. Some said that what I am going through is part of the post-partum dilemma many new moms experience. Some said that it is what we called mid-life crisis. However to me it is called taking chances.

As most parents do. They want to provide everything to their kids. How are we going to do that? Of course by having a secured high-paying job. My question to myself is do I really make my daughter proud with this path I chose? After I gave birth I decided to stay at my current job. I always remind myself that I need this job to provide everything to my family. I kept asking my husband "Am I doing the right thing?". Until one day I got tired of asking myself. I became confused on which way to go. I have a lot of should, would and could. I need security but there is no fulfilment. What am I supposed to do? Then I decided to do what most parents would not do. Quit my job. 

This is very difficult. I worked there for five years. How am I going to survive everyday's needs? Will my career end now? So many questions. But taking chances gave me more than I expected. Windows of opportunity opened. I become more present in my daughter's life. A lot has changed. I become more active in blogging now. I can spend more time with my family. Financial status become better.

Taking the road less travelled is not the end of everything you have prayed for. It will actually make the difference and leads you to the path where you want to be.


You May Also Like

0 comments