When you hit rock bottom

by - September 22, 2017


Musingsofasuzie
My New Google/Blogger/FB Page Photo

Hello lovelies!

As I greet my subscribers and prospective subscribers in my YouTube channel. Yes guys! I did it! I did setup my channel and was able to publish 8 vlogs or videos from the last 2 months. How is the experience? It is overwhelming!

So one of my passion project is giving myself a promotion by leveling up my blogger game to vlogger. I still used the name "Musings of a Suzie". My attempt was more of a social experiment. This is to help me gauge if vlogging is really for me or am I just pretending. Throughout the process here are the things I learned.

1. Filming is not a piece of cake
Yes! Whenever I am doing a homemade video with my family and friends it is really fun and easy but when you are in front of the camera and filming a content for a Youtube channel it is nerve cracking. My first vlog I took I believe around 10 takes to start and filmed 5 videos. I hope you can imagine how many times I have to remove my makeup and apply it again. Just to see which is better or best. Finding your voice to speak out loud and thinking if I should speak in English or Tagalog or Taglish is not so easy. There is a video where in I look silly because I cannot almost hear my voice. I look funny. I just delete it because I cringe whenever I see it.

2. Editing is time-consuming
I understand now when well-known vloggers say editing is life because yes it is the life of the vlog. If you were able to edit your vlog very well you have that feeling of accomplishment. I only use Windows Movie Maker as an editing tool. Over time I get used to the process and was able to improve my editing game. But guys! This is really time-consuming. My respect is up high to all the dedicated and passionate vloggers. There was a time that I am half-way through editing when unfortunately I accidentally closed the application and then I realized I haven't saved my work. I almost cried.

3. Engaging viewers and raising audience is really difficult
This part I will be honest is the most difficult. Asking everyone to visit your channel, click subscribe, watch your vlogs, like them and maybe leave a comment is really difficult. I am soliciting time from them and there is a part in my head that prays they will have a great time watching it and I hope their time won't go to waste. 

4. Ideas are swarming and I don't know how to begin
I have an idea notebook. Actually I just refurbished my life notebook to idea notebook and write all the things I plan to vlog. I think I have around 10 things listed which I haven't done or started yet. It is so overwhelming and sometimes even while I am in the bathroom I practice. 

5. I lost grace when I am in pressure
Do you have those moments in your life that you put high expectations to yourself until you are all cooked up with pressure? In the past two months I experienced that and believe me its not pretty to see. My hubby even calm me in times that I put myself in a deadline and I cannot make it because the internet is so slow. I wish sometimes a day is more than 24 hours.

Overall in 7 weeks I gained 41 subscribers. Thank you to the 41 people who showered me with love and support. Thank you also to the viewers and the well wishers. Don't worry lovelies. This is not the end of my Youtube career. I will be back and this time I will be wiser, braver and stronger!

See you on my new channel. The Suzie 2.0!

You May Also Like

0 comments