My Purpose

by - February 07, 2018

Ohana
"Hi Suzie! Where have you been?". I got this question from different people lately. Some thought that I already skipped town. Some assumed that I already conclude my blogging stints. Some just don't seem to care. Hahahaha

Well... where have I been lately?

I skipped different moments or chances to add a new content to my blog. I skipped Christmas, New Year, Resolutions, other holidays and more. Why? Because I need to pause and reflect.

Last year was a very difficult year. I faced a lot of challenges. With financial, family, friends, colleagues and work. I got to a point that I lost the motivation or drive to move forward. Too much D.R.A.M.A. but yes its true.

Until the end of the year I keep questioning myself if I was a bad person. If I am a bad daughter, bad wife, bad mother, bad friend, bad colleague and bad employee. My thoughts never put me to rest. I always found myself crying my balls out. 

This issues made me wished to QUIT. Quit on everything. My experience is so traumatic that I just want to STOP.

However quitting is not an option for me. Why? Because I am a WIFE and a MOTHER.

I am born unique and different and that is not bad. I have a mission and even though I am not 100% sure what it is I know I can make a change in my own special way.

So I decided to just stop the pity-party and pull myself back together. I recounted the blessings and good things that came my way.

In my dark moments I became more and more reliant on wisdom that comes from God. Every step I carried with me a verse, a prayer, my faith and hopes. 

I also start on reflecting what my PURPOSE is. Starting a new journey is really scary. Discovering what is at the end of the tunnel is not easy. There are countless times that I stumble. There are dangers, struggles and obstacles that makes the journey to redemption so impossible. 

Still in everything I just focus on one thing. I just focus on God.

Right now, it is clear to me that my main purpose in life is to serve God and His people. The best service I can give is through my family. Doing my best to provide and take good care of my husband and daughter is the best motivation I have. 

Hard work is the best way of showing to the world the things you've done. And of course! Consistency is the key. Soon enough me and others will noticed the fullness of my potential.

I found this exercise or activity. A good way of starting new is by recounting blessings and past achievements and also the failed attempts.

So here it is....

My favorite childhood pastime: is playing with my cousins. I love them so much that even if there are times we argue and resort to petty fights. I still love hanging around with them.
Doing the activity made me feel: free and happy. I don't have a care in the world and my heart is full of happiness.
To this day, I find joy similar to it via: hanging out with my friends. Lunch and Dinner dates with them. Hour or hours of chatting is a treat. I feel appreciated and loved all the time.

The hardest challenge I faced recently: is keeping up with my financial demands. 
This experience taught me: to be more thrifty and wise with money.
I carry this life lesson through: everything in my life. It is really difficult to let go of that hard-earned-money.

My biggest achievement so far: is my daughter. Despite all of the hardships I am still able to provide, take care and raise her.
The accolade helped me realize: is my husband.
It made me believe that I can: do all things through God and my family who gives me strength.

I got this activity from my BDJ planner. Give it a try.

Suzie xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments