Taking Gifting to the Next Level

by - October 26, 2015

Christmas! Christmas! Christmas! Who does not love Christmas?

Every year it has been my tradition to give back to every blessing I received throughout the year. This year celebrating becomes more and more special because of my daughter Julianna Sherrie.


Last year she is too small to appreciate everything that happened. From the parties and gift giving. This time though I know she will not completely remember this. I want to make it still a memorable season for her.




I have three wishes for myself. First is I want the Bobbie Brown Makeup Manual. Whenever I go to the bookstore I always check it out and whisper to myself that someday I will have a copy of it. I am a makeup enthusiast and I want to pursue my passion in this line of field. This book will help me pursue that dream.

Photo courtesy of http://healthywomenx.com
Next is I want to have my own oven for baking. I always check this in the mall. I am also a baker wannabe and I made a step of attending a short training a long time ago. I hope I can still continue this dream of mine to bake sweet and delicious treats.

Last is I want to have a new watch. It does not matter what brand or line of accessories it came from. I just want a casual classy watch with black bracelet for everyday use.



However I realized that material things fades and tend to break. So I better wished for something that is more important and which will truly make me happy for the longest time. So let us scrapped that first list and check on my new list.


First is the best of health for my whole family. Since last year my family experienced a lot of health challenges. I always pray that no one will need to see a doctor. As they always say health is wealth. Specially for my daughter. Last year she was diagnosed with Ventricular Septal Defect. This year she will undergo a 2D-Echo procedure to check if the holes in her heart already closed. I truly pray that my daughter will be blessed with the best of health.



Second, I wish that my father will no longer need to go abroad to support our family. I pray that God will bless him with a job that will give them the financial stability.


Third and last, I wish that God will use me and give my life a purpose to help and support my family. As the eldest child I know that I have the responsibility to lead my siblings and help them achieve their dreams. I wish that God will give me the wisdom and strength to achieve success in my career and be more valuable professionally.


For this year I am planning to give my family a generous and delicious feast on Christmas eve. I am planning to prepare a full course meal for everyone. I will shop, cook and prepare for them. This will be our first Christmas together.


I will also make it more special by printing out a themed family T-shirt for Christmas. We were planning for this since last year. My husband will surely love the idea.



All year round we were blessed so much that we cannot count them all. We are truly challenged but we were able to survive all the lemons life brought to us. So for this year I want to bring back all the glory to God by giving a Christmas offering to the church. I know that God always use His people to reach out for those who needs guidance and restrengthening through faith. For this year also I want to participate and contribute to the community by supporting organization that aims to help give children a happy Christmas. I want to participate to the SM Care Bears of Joy Charity Program. I believe that Christmas is perfectly designed for children and through this I know that I will be able to put a smile and give the warmth of love to the children who are longing for affection. I also support the Project Aral of National Bookstore. Whenever I go to the bookstore I always spare a amount to purchase study kits for them. Its not an all year round project but whenever its around I never skip to help.

Christmas is the perfect time to reunite with your family and share the love to the community. Take your gifting prowess to the next level by sharing the joy and blessings you received throughout the year to our less fortunate brothers and sisters in the community specially to the children. Also do not forget the true meaning and why we have Christmas is because of Jesus who is our most special gift.



For more updates about this year’s “Merry SM Christmas” campaign, visit SM’s official Christmas microsite (https://www.smsupermalls.com/merrysmchristmas2015) and follow its official social media accounts at Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/smsupermalls), Twitter (https://twitter.com/smsupermalls), and Instagram (https://instagram.com/smsupermalls/); and get an insider access to all the fun happenings at SM Supermalls nationwide through Viber (http://chats.viber.com/SMsupermalls). Shoppers can actively share their holiday merriments inside the SM Supermalls by posting their photos on social media and adding the hashtag #MerrySMChristmas2015.

Merry Christmas!





You May Also Like

0 comments