Facing Fashion Fears - Wearing Crop Top

by - November 27, 2017

Musings of a Suzie - Face Fashion Fears

Musings of a Suzie - Face Fashion Fears

Musings of a Suzie - Face Fashion Fears

Musings of a Suzie - Face Fashion Fears

Hello lovelies!

I love dressing up! I am also a fan of trends and sometimes do experiments. One of the things that I have been dreading to try is to wear a crop top. 

I have a scheduled grocery shopping every Friday. And with total transparency, my Friday agenda is not all about grocery shopping but also strolling at the bazaar inside the mall. There is this store that have most of the pieces I want to try. You might be wondering why I just said, “I want to try”. It’s because I do not have the confidence or courage to wear those pieces due to body insecurity.

I am not sure what my body type is, but I think I am of a pear-shaped something. When I reached a certain weight that stopped me from my playful experiments and fearless style.

I am a bit afraid to be called out or be body-shamed due to my huge arms and flabby stomach. I am also not that tall. I am 4 feet and 11 inches tall and everyone notice easily if I am healthy, chubby or big.

Too much for that drama! Lols!

Anyway! I am so happy that social media and other people started to embrace body-positivity. I am inspired by many people who struggled in the past and maybe still have the struggle but already moved on and now have the best confidence ever. Just like my favorite girl Ashley Graham!

Then one day I stumbled on this online shop called Dia & Co. I did not know that there are stores and merchants who also supports and embrace the life of a plus-size.

I know right! I am not yet a plus-size but guys who are we kidding? Everyone deserves a good fashion outlet that can help you express the real you even in a size other might scrutinize. Everyone deserves to be happy! Everyone is beautiful.

Going back to Dia & CoDia & Co. is an online clothing line that caters to sizes 14 and above. They offer well-curated fashion pieces. As I browse through their website I found that they have this initiative they started in their office called. Try-Day Friday. A very good idea to go out of your comfort zone and embrace the real you.

This is a challenge that will push you to go out of the box and explore different side of fashion.

So last Friday I finally purchased these pieces. I first saw something like this from a YouTuber/Vlogger. She got hers from Zaful. This is in two-piece. It is called Crop Tube Top And High Slit Pants. This comes in three colors; red, black and white. I chose black because it gives me the sexy, boho-chic vibe that I want to achieve.

So, I hope you will excuse me. I should have tried this last Friday but since I have an office job I was not able to do a photo session. So, I did Try-Day Friday last Sunday! Lols!

How is my experience?

First, we must go out of our house to take some photos. My husband is my photographer and we decided to take the photos at our village’s park. It is one block away from our house. Just getting out of the house makes me cringe. I am afraid the neighbors will judge me once they see me. Well. They did see me and by looking at their faces. The look more of amazed rather than disgusted so that blown all the embarrassment away.

Second, I don’t know how to pose. Lols! Since this is my first time to wear a crop top and not just a crop top it is a crop tube top, struggle is real! We did test shots first then along the process I started to feel the confidence kicking in. I had so much fun!

My take away…

Try-Day Friday is a success!!!! I learned from this initiative that fashion is not choosy. Fashion applies to everyone. The element we are just looking for it to fit well is confidence. I never thought I will be able to pull it off. I posted my photo also on Facebook and I received a lot of good feedback. I am happy that I did this initiative.

So how about you my lovely muse? What will you try this Try-Day Friday? Keep me posted!

Thanks for reading and God bless you!

You May Also Like

0 comments